Sunday, March 18, 2012

What I had for dinner, or, how this post will bore you

Greetings! Mostly this post is about…nothing. I’ve had a few days off from well, everything, Trying to recover from the surgery and stay not bored has been pretty challenging. For example, as of today, I had finished my scrapbooking (yay! And only for now…), finished all my card boxes, and kept everything pretty clean. Then Husband went out of town yesterday for work, and so today has been spent alone, trying to kill time. Sadly, the activity that I was most looking forward today didn’t happen on account of sickness, but I made myself a to-do list, and I’ve kept to it pretty strongly. For funsies, here’s what was on my list:

Go to church. That’s right, I put that on my list. I like to put things that I know I’ll for sure to on my list, so that I at least will get one thing done.

Clean all 3 bathrooms – which I did splendidly. That’s toilets, mirrors, countertops, mopping of floors. It took a while, but they’re all sparkling now.

Watch the final 2 episodes of Downton Abbey season 2. I did this while completing another item on my list, “Write in my Journal”. I did them both quite well. I’m so obsessed with Downton right now. I wish I wasn’t done with it and that it would go on forever.

Do laundry. I had to do this, my hamper was full. I really love when the hampers are empty and the washing is finished. I’m like a 1950’s housewife in that regard.

Change lightbulb. On Friday evening, a lightbulb in the basement went out, so I changed it. What what!

Eat dinner. This was another guarantee. Since I’m mostly on soft foods still, I made myself some soup and toast. Yesterday, my mouth was feeling a little better, so I ate some salad and bread, a bunch of stuff, but I was paying for it later, when my mouth was killing me before I went to bed. So today, I’ve taken it easy again. I made a soup out of the Shirley J’s Whisk Bliss. I don’t know who’s heard of this here, but I’ve been to a couple Shirley J parties, and they have some delish foods. I tried once, a while ago, to make it, but it turned out weird and grainy. Today, I tried again, and it worked! Yum! So I took a picture, so you could enjoy it as well.

Soup

That’s raspberry jam on my toast, in case you’re wondering.

That was it, that’s my list! Now, I know it’s exciting, and I’ve had an exciting kind of day. But I’ve tried my best to keep busy today, having spent the day by myself. I’ve actually really enjoyed it, getting to do what I want to do, getting everything finished that I wanted to get done. I actually completed an entire to-do list, which hasn’t happened in a while! So I’ll enjoy the rest of my evening, getting to do what I want to do.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I need to start putting one thing on my list that I am guaranteed to do...like:

Sleep
Yell at at least one child
Stub my toe
Blow my nose a billion times

Yep. Those are all going on.

Chelle! said...

I love to do lists!!! I just wished that I could accomplish one thing on my list and be able to cross off something!!!