Friday, March 16, 2012

Foto Friday

With this mouth surgery of mine, I’m not going anywhere. I’m sequestered to my house, with not much to do. I mean, there’s TV to be seen (Downton Abbey season 2, I’m slowly making my way through that!) and books to be read, etc., but I get so bored after like, an hour or so of doing nothing. So I looked at this as the perfect opportunity to work on the craft items that I’ve been almost done with. I’ve started these projects, and then had to stop working on them (because of a missing piece, or just a creative block) but finally, I’m finished with them!

The first one here is something that I copied from someone else. When Chelle and I were getting pedicures a couple of weeks ago, the pedicure place had something similar in their place, and I kept looking at it the whole time we were there. I did my own version of it, but I put mine into a vase, rather than in a small glass cup like theirs was. I like this, I think it ended up pretty good. I’m not sure if I wanted to add more words to it, or take some away, but here it is for now:

Vase

The thing that made me sad is you can’t really see the cranberry stones/marbles in there, but I think it ended up ok anyway. I was trying to match the color of the words to the color of the marbles to the color of my wall. Hopefully it worked out.

And yes, here we have another box. This is, for now, my last card box that I’ll be making. Now I just need to figure out where to put all of these. I can’t decide if I should just put this where all my card stuff was already, down in the basement, away from everyone, or if I want it to be up where people can see it and admire my work. I’m not prideful, mind you, I just want people to enjoy my work as much as I do. Winking smile

Box-Front

This box was a little different, because there’s no real theme for this one, it’s sort of a miscellaneous one. In this one, I have Halloween cards, baby cards, an Easter card, a Congrats card, and some sports cards. So I wanted to convey that on this card, that there are many cards, not just one kind. So I specified the kinds on the top of the box. After I finished this, I’m not really sure if I like it.

Box-Top

See? I kinda like it, because it explains things, but the colors didn’t end up matching the paper on the box as much as I thought they would, even after I tried to mix it up and fix it. So now its on there, but I don’t know how much I like it I feel like I might change it or something, or just start over on this box, from scratch. Oh well. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about the crafts/cards/boxes I make, it’s that it doesn’t matter if anyone else likes it, because it’s my craft.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Maybe you will have a baby on some miscellaneous Halloween. ;)

Chelle! said...

I love how these turned out. HMM...maybe you make me some!!!!