Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National Running Day

Today, kids, the 1st of June, 2011, is National Running day. I love these national (fill in the blank) days, because they’re not a real holiday or anything, and by the time you find out about it, you can’t really do anything about it. Except for today – I found out in time to do something about it. And my something? To blog about it.

As everyone who reads this (all 3 of you, what up?!) knows, I heart running. I almost made it another full year of running every single day (which would have been Monday) but then I missed a few days when I got that weirdo flu thing. I missed 2 days – 2 days of running, and it ruined my whole average. But, I soldiered on. And I’ve started a new one, on Monday, the original day it would have been, might as well keep the same date, I thought.

I know a bunch of people think I’m a crazy for running so much, all the time. But I love it. I like getting out of the house, and just letting go of everything, and the only things I have to think about is avoiding cars and what route I should take. Or, on the flip side, if I need to work something out, I go running, and think the whole time and get a solution to whatever it is that’s on my mind.

I’m proud of my running. It took me a long time to get to where I am, to be able to run as fast as I do. I’m not as fast as I’d like to be, and there will always be someone faster than I am, but for me, I’m glad with where I’m at. I’ll always work on getting faster, and I have a race this Saturday that I’m hoping to finish in the top 3 of. The Art City Days 5K is one of my favorite races. The race is fun, and over so quickly, and the prize drawings afterward is always awesome. I’m hoping to have my number called for an awesome prize this year!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

And I'm one of those three, right? (think Kronk)

I totally admire your dedication to running. I have no good excuses except the five kid thing, but that gets old.

Let me know how you do in the race. I am rooting for you.

Chelle! said...

Aw...I wished you would have won a prize. I am in for it next year. I promise!!!!