Monday, June 6, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

So, all, I had my race on Saturday, and sadly, I didn’t finish where I wanted to. I started out super good, I finished the first mile in 7 1/2 minutes, I was stoked. A little after the first mile, there’s a giant hill in the race, and needless to say, this one kicked the crap out of me. I knew the hill was there, they had the same route last year, and I was sure I had it under control. Unfortunately, my legs/lungs/etc didn’t get the memo. I made it up ok, but then for the remaining 2 miles, I was just tired. I ended up finishing the race in 25:12. I was 12th in my age group, which was just super disappointing. I know that for others, that’s a pretty good time, but it wasn’t where I wanted to be, but this just means there’s room for improvement. My next race is a 10K in July. I look forward to it.

A co-worker left a bag of Doritos on my desk for the office to share, since my desk is between the peeps. At first, I was like, ok this is a good idea, I can snack on these. Cut to 6 hours later, and I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten half of the bag. And now, all I can taste is Doritos, and that’s even with chewing gum and having mints. I liked Doritos at the beginning of the day, and now...

Sometimes I wish that I was a mutant, like in X-Men. I don’t even know what I’d want my power to be, but I think it’d be cool. Basically it’d be like being any superhero, but I like the X-Men a little more than say, Batman, or Green Lantern or most of the heroes out there. Being psychic would be cool, but so would being able to walk through walls, or having super strength. I’ve been watching a lot of X-Men lately, so its just been on my mind. What a nerd.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

I love your miscellaneous Monday posts. They make me giggle. :)

Ella said...

ha! I love this. I love random stuff and your blog is pretty random :) keep it up