Monday, May 23, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Here we are again folks, for another session of the only 2 blog entries I write. Listen, though, it’s probably better than nothing.

The McSnailington’s were out in full force this morning, as they have been all week and weekend. I’m really sick of this rain, and having it be cloudy and gross all the time, but when it does become summer, I think I’ll miss having the McSnailington family around each morning as I go out to my car. I secretly want to take a Sharpie marker and write on their shells a letter, so that I can keep them all straight, all the ones I’ve named. But something inside me says that’s probably wrong.

I got really sunburned over the weekend. I didn’t get in my early morning Saturday run, as usual, the morning was a little busy. So I didn’t get my run started until about noon. It was warm, but not overly so, and definitely not hot. My run ended up being about 90 minutes long (so lovely) and by the time I got home, my skin was red. I figured it was just because I was hot and sweaty, but after my shower and a few hours, it was still red and getting redder. I looked lobster-esque by the end of the day. Its not too painful by now, but the good news is that I’ve gotten my sunburn of the year out of the way. Now, I can just be tan!

I have sad news. Mostly for myself. I am going to, as of today, give up sugary and delicious treats. Husband and I have a little bet of sorts, and it was either this, or meat, and while I love my cupcakes and everything of the like, I could so not give up meat. So we’re going to give this a try, and see how well I do. If I crash and burn, well, at least I gave it a good shot. And if I succeed, then I’m a champion. I’ll keep you updated on the whole treat giving up, hopefully I won’t go into sugar withdrawals and start to hallucinate sugary treats dancing around my head all the time.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Sorry about the burn, my twin. But you are right. Hopefully from here on out, I can put some color on top of this and survive the summer.

Oh, and between sweets and meats, I would not give up meats. Then again, I don't think I would give up either. You are a brave woman.

Chelle! said...

I love hearing about the McSnailington family! It is great to have something to look forward to every morning. Ouch! I do not like sunburns. Sweets....oh, no...who is going to eat M&I's with??