Thursday, August 20, 2009

Greetings from Boston!

Hey all! I don't even know who's reading this anymore, but I'm sending news via the internets to let everyone know what's going down in beantown. So, we made it here, safe and sound. The flight was long, but I read and played trivia games, and etc, so it wasn't actually too bad. Getting to our hotel took another couple of hours, because this state is ridiculous. There are no visible road signs, I couldn't figure out how to get anywhere, it was just a big old mess, but we found where we needed to go, and everythings been fine.
This morning, we went into Boston, to Harvard, and did some sight-seeing. The buildings here are beautiful! There so old, but they are darling. We went to the bookstore and bought ourselves some souvenirs. After that, we headed over to the USS Constitution, which was awesome. It was super hot/humid here (of course!) so being in the actual boat was super super hot, but it was worth it. I think I took like a hundred pictures, I just kept snapping.
I am not liking the weather here. It's just too hot! Temperature-wise, it's cooler than home, but with the humidity, it's like a billion degrees. I've never been in humidity, it's all new to me, and oh my I do not like it. I feel just covered in sweat, and everything just feels gross! It makes me appreciate our weather, and miss home. Which is not good, we still have a long time. Which is great, because there's still so much that we need to see!
I know it's only been one day, so there's not that much to report, but I thought I'd write right now, while I'm here, nursing my poor feet, they hurt so much after all the walking today. But tomorrow is a new day, with loads of new things to see.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I am sorry to hear about your feet but, it sounds like you are having a fantastic time!!! Come back soon!!! It is too quiet at work!!