Sunday, June 28, 2009

Google, thou art replaced

As everyone knows, I love Google. I love it on the computer, type in anything and you can find anything! I use it the most on my phone though, I just text to Google, and I get movie show times, weather updates, phone numbers of restaurants, a lot of info. I use it all the time, seriously. But now, I have a new favorite.
I heard of this new search thing from PJ's dad, he asked if we used it, but I never had even heard of it before, then I forgot about it until just barely. I read about it in my beloved (yes, beloved) Entertainment Weekly. It's a service called Cha Cha. All you do is text it a question, and a real live person (not a computer) texts you back. I was so excited to try this-to see if it worked. So yesterday, I typed my question, which asked what the Spanish word chivo meant in English, in case you were wondering. A few minutes later, I got an answer back, and Iwas in love. This is my new favorite thing in the world.
I keep thinking of questions I should ask it, but I just don't have anything that I can think of. Rory used it today, and asked Cha Cha if anybody texted back a thank you when they asked something, and they answered back that nobody usually did. I just thought that was funny. So now, I will use this often. I might still use Google for word definitions (it just seems easier) but for everything else, I'm going to use my new toy. I recommend to everyone to use this bad boy, if you text at all. You just text to Cha Cha (242242) and it's free! (Well, standard rates apply, if you don't have a text messaging plan) Use it!

BTW, I didn't mean for this to sound like an infomercial or that I'm pimping it, I'm just loving it right now.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is really funny. I unfortunately will have to stick to Google since I have no phone.

I have never texted anyone. I know this puts me in the 50 and over category (lame).

Chelle! said...

Oh, I do have to try this new realm of information!!

Maleen, I can not believe you have never texted. Vieve will need to show you how so you can get out of the over 50 category...actually, my mom texts and she is over 50...so, maybe it should be...