Saturday, June 6, 2009

Just keep running, just keep running...

Good news, I finished my race, injury-free! The night before, I was doing my pre-race dinner of pasta (this time, we made our own pastas. I chose wagon wheels-delicious!) and we were doing a puzzle after we ate, and I was feeling so sick. I don't know what was going on, but oh man, I was feeling awful. I went home, and went to bed, hoping that maybe it was just my stomach being retarded. I had an ok night of sleep-it wasn't awesome, but at least I got some sleep. When I woke up in the morning, my stomach didn't hurt quite as bad, but at least it wasn't horrible. I ate a bite of banana, and went on my way.
I got to the race, and waited around, shooting the breeze with people. When it got time for the race, we lined up in the chute. The gun went off, and away we went. PJ and I had a really good starting pace, we were passing a lot of people. There was a big hill in the first half mile of the race, and we took that, staying with our pace. We got to the top, feeling good. After about another 3/4 of a mile, I picked up the pace and kinda went on my own. (I'm not horrible-PJ told me to!) I kept my pace going through the whole race, and when I saw the high school, I picked it up a little more. What I didn't realize is that we had to go all the way around the track, which, I hate doing track stuff. I made it ok, but then when we got to the curve of the track, I slowed down, dang it. Then when I was a little away from the finish, I just sprinted it in-my ending time was 24:35. I was 272 overall, and 9th in my age group. Not bad!
As soon as we crossed the finish, there was a 10-15 year old kid behind me who immediately vomited like, 4 times. I felt bad for him, but yuck. I was just psyched to have finished, and to have beat my old time. I'm hoping that with every race, I just get a little quicker!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I'm just glad you didn't post pictures of the kid vomiting.

Good job on your time!!!

Chelle! said...

GOOD JOB!!! I am glad that you weren't as sick in the morning...