Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lost... Yes, quite literally,

I am addicted to many a TV show. You all know this. I can barely watch all the shows I record in a day, luckily I have the weekends to catch up. If I wasn't able to run and watch TV, I'd never watch anything! But I am fortunate enough to be able to do this. There are different levels of addictions for each show. You have your Psychs and your Leverages that I watch with all attention to the show, making sure I miss nothing. Then you have your Scrubs' and your Gossip Girls that you watch while you're doing something else. It's not that I don't like those shows, its just that they're not my favorites, so I don't have to pay complete attention. Lost used to be one of my beloved shows. I would wait every week for it to come on, watching it, making sure I have quiet around me, and nothing else is happening. The first season was amazing, and then, the second was pretty good. The third was awful, and the fourth seesawed between being really good and quite a load of garbage. It ended really well, so I had some high hopes for this season.
This season started, and I remembered, halfway during the show, the way I watch Lost now. I spend the entire episode going, "What the heck is happening? Should I know this person they're bringing on screen? Wait, what's going on now? Is this something I should have remembered from a previous season?" I swear I have no idea what that show is about now. But I am determined to stick it out. Every time I think about quitting, I remember the five years I've already put into this show, and I'll be damned if I give up on the show now that there's only two years left. I now NEED to know how this ends. I need to understand the island, and who everyone is, and the secrets. For every question that they've "answered" (I saw that with " " because I have yet to actually have something answered to my satisfaction) there's 20 more questions! And I am pretty sure that every person that watches it is the same as I. If you have a friend that tells you they "get" Lost and they understand everything going on, slap them in the face, because they are lying to you, and a slap is the best way to wake them up. Nobody understands this show. I'm pretty sure even the writers have no idea what's going on. They just keep putting stuff into the script, then they're probably laughing at all of us trying to figure it out! But I'm onto them, so they don't have me anymore. Ha!
I only have to hang on for a little bit longer to get every question answered, they tell me. I will finish, I will be victorious. But I'm telling you right now, if they leave it all cryptic and weird by the time it's over...there's really nothing I can do, lets be honest. Shoot.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

So I hear from all my friends. It makes me fairly certain that I can skip it since I have never even seen season one.

Chelle! said...

Oh...Lost is on my request list to see...