Monday, January 19, 2009

Gentlemen prefer blondes? Oh, I'm putting that to the test.

All right, I know that everyone has exciting lives, and they blog quite often about their exciting adventures, but I have none of these. But instead of taking my things and making them separate entries, (which would take time and energy...) I have decided to just shove it all together, and do the highlights.
I have before lamented about hair stylists. I know that they have a very tough job, and that they have to do what people tell them, but holy crap why can't they just do what I tell them?! I tell my gal over the weekend to just cut off like a little bit, to get rid of the dead, and she ends up cutting off a bunch, then decides (of her own free will) to just cut the right side of hair all willy-nilly. Like I'm doing nothing with that hair? It's fine if that side is just bald? And for those of you who haven't seen me yet (is there such a person reading this?) I have gone back to blonde! It's a slow process, going from dark to blonde, but I'm in the middle. I'm still getting used to it, and so far, it's a fun, cute color, but I'm just getting used to it being light up there. But it'll be better! Pretty soon, I won't do the double take when I look at it.
This past Sunday, we had a family fiesta. After the fiesta, (I'm using fiesta because we made Mexican food. Delicioso!) we were cleaning up the kitchen when I hopped off the counter. I placed my hand on the oven...well, I thought it was the oven. Turns out, it was the oven handle, and when I put my hand on it and (simultaneously jumped down) the oven door opened, and I slammed into that with my leg. I now have a bruise the size of my cell phone on my leg, and it hurts when I walk. And bump into it. And lay on it. Or sit slightly wrong. To make the point clear, it just hurts. But I'm pretty sure I didn't break the oven door, so that's a victory in itself.
I have done something I didn't think I'd ever do. I have canceled my Netflix account. I love Netflix, don't get me wrong, but I just don't have time for it anymore! I have my 100 hours of Tivo that I do every week (ok, it's not that much...almost) and I have the movies that I (inexplicably!) keep borrowing from people. I have 2 Netflix movies that I've had for a month, just sitting here, unwatched, so I sent them back and just canceled it out. This makes me feel a whirl of emotions. I'm happy to get rid of the pressure of 2 movies always sitting there (yes, I feel a pressure from inanimate objects) and them taunting me every day I don't watch them. There is a load lifted from my shoulders. But I'm also sad-I love Netflix. Getting a surprise DVD in the mail every few days (when I actually have time) was so great! A little gift for me in the mail-and I do love surprises in the mail. But as soon as I get through TV season, I might try reactivating it, to see if I have the time to watch now. But even if I don't, I'll still hold my Tivo close to my heart.
In retrospect, I totally could have made three entries out of these things, but whatevs. I'm good with combining these all-and who knows, maybe I'll have more stuff happen, and actually write a few blog entries in a week!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Blogging is so weird that way. SOmetimes there is nothing good to write about and then suddenly there is too much for one post. Sheesh, can't life get its act in gear.

Oh, and sorry about the hair and the bruise although I haven't seen either one.

Chelle! said...

Your hair is really cute. I do like your dark pink look--the best!! But, most of all, don't you just love those 4 hour appointments. The bruise...OUCH!! Netflix...I am sorry.