Saturday, August 7, 2021

Cupcakes Upon Cupcakes Upon Cupcakes

 Today I had the opportunity to cater a wedding with cupcakes. They requested 400 cupcakes at first (they wanted 4 different flavors, 100 of each...but we were able to convince them that that was a heck of a lot of cupcakes, so the total ended up being 300. I baked all of the cupcakes on Thursday.


 Then I made the frostings on Friday. Then, this morning, I frosted and decorated. First, I set up the stations of each flavor. 


And then I got to work! I had the help of my trusty assistant, Husband, and we frosted/decorated for the next 5 hours or so. 


First, we have Oreo, a chocolate cupcake, with an Oreo cookie on the bottom, frosted with Oreo cream cheese frosting, and then sprinkled with Oreo bits. 


Up next is a Heath cupcake, a vanilla cupcake with a chocolate frosting, topped with Heath bits and a caramel drizzle. 


Here we have a raspberry lemonade cupcake, a lemon cake with a raspberry frosting, topped with delicious slices of lemon and a raspberry. (My fav!)


And lastly, a strawberry shortcake(ish) cupcake. A strawberry cake, with a vanilla frosting. Topped with (and this was so dang good) golden Oreos smashed up, and then combined with melted butter and strawberry jello. Absolutely dynamite. 

We then had to get them to the venue and get set up. It didn't take too long, but we probably took longer than necessary with our over-thinking. 



I loved how it ended up looking. And then I was told at the end of the night - they only had about 30 left. Not too shabby! And this was a great thing for me, in terms of learning. Someone that I work with does cakes professionally, and she gave me so many tips that made this go so much smoother than it has previously, and it was pretty stress-free and amazing. So hype to get to use that knowledge in the future! 


No comments: