Saturday, July 31, 2021

Race Day and babies

 Today, my sister in law and I signed up for a race. We planned to do the Timp 10K, as my sis in law is training for a half marathon. We knew where we were going, planned it all, blah blah blah. And then this morning came, and due to some awful misunderstandings (mostly on my part, I'll own up to my mistakes) we ended up going to the start of the 5K instead of the 10K. Dammit. So we quickly went and found the people in charge, and asked if we could just do the 5K instead. They said yes and transferred our info over.

We did the race, and even though I wasn't ready for a 5K, I actually did pretty good! I get to the end and...

I got second place! In my age group, of course, but how wild! 

And then we got a medal just got finishing, what a great day. 

Then, that evening, we had a family dinner to say goodbye to Grandma, she was flying back to Florida. We had a music portion of the evening, and we listened to everyone play the piano for a bit. I mostly played with the babies here haha. 





Dang cuties, look at them go!

No comments: