Sunday, December 8, 2019

Frosted Flakes Treats

Today in church, we had our annual YW Christmas lesson. This usually entails the YW sharing their talents - either singing, or playing an instrument, anything of that nature. They can also share a tradition of their family, a treat they make for the holidays, or a story that they enjoy. This year was different, but I'm not getting into it, other than to say, it wasn't that great this year and I sort of hated it. 
Anyway, that's not the point. 
I participated by bringing a treat, a tradition that we had (myself and my sister at least) was that on Christmas morning, we ate Frosted Flakes, heck yeah. I was scratching my head and trying to figure out how to bring this delicious breakfast cereal to this meeting, while having it not be very messy and then I realized, treats! I can do a Rice Krispy treat with it, but just have Frosted Flakes instead of the treat. 
I made it the exact same way - a stick of butter, a bag of marshmallows, and a few cups of cereal. 
So here they are, after being poured. They were pretty good - my only complaint is that you really couldn't taste the sweetness of the 'frosted' part of it, but hey, that's okay. Good to know, maybe there's a way to fix that later. 

No comments: