Sunday, December 15, 2019

Caramel Pecan Pie

Today we had a big Christmas dinner (since we won't be in Florida for the real Christmas). I was in charge of a pie, one that grandma had given me, she wanted me to make it. Essentially, you take a pie crust (I chose a pecan crust, seemed delicious) and then inside, you put:
2 8-oz cream cheese softened
1 cup caramel sauce
You mix those together until creamy and put it in the pie plate.
 All right, looks pretty good. Then you need to refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.

 After the two hours, bring the pie back out of the fridge and combine:
1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
1/4 cup caramel sauce
You toss those together, and put it on top of the pie.


Now, according to the recipe, this is where you're supposed to stop, drizzling more caramel on it. I, however, enjoy whipped cream, so I threw a half of a container of Cool Whip on top, of course. 
Y'all, the pie was great! I do think, if I make it in the future, I would caramelize some apples, and do a caramel apple cheesecake rather than the pecans, so I'll give those a shot and tell you how it goes in the future. But I do recommend this, and it's so simple to make!

No comments: