Saturday, December 16, 2017

Hola from Costa Rica!

You guys, I made it to Costa Rica! After my last post, when I was feeling down and depressed, I just went right to bed. I woke up the next morning, and luckily, the sickness had seemed to pass. (I should have mentioned, the kiddos had been throwing up the previous few days, so I knew it would be quick, I just didn't know it would be that quick) After laying in bed for a few minutes that morning, I had a voice...prompting...thought... that said, okay Vieve, head out to Costa. I called the airline, and they got me in a flight last night at 8:00! It was an overnight flight, I would wake up at 6:00 in Costa. I said absolutely, book me in. I spent the day running errands and doing necessary things, and then got a lift to the airport from Rory. After breezing through security (In which SLC security tried to steal my iPad maybe? I luckily barely got it back before the flight took off, I happened to try and read it before I left, and learned that they had taken it out without my permission, I have no idea why or what happened or why they didn't put it back)
But anyway! I had no luck in sleeping during the overnight flight (Despite taking Benadryl haha) but luckily, it wasn't a super long flight. I made it there around 5:30 AM, and then Husband picked me up and took me to the hotel. When we got there, I laid down for a few minutes, and ended up sleeping for a couple hours, thank goodness! But anyway.
Here we are at the first hotel in San Juan
After we were in San Juan for a couple of hours (just long enough for Husband's conference to wrap up) off we went to Monteverde. Let me tell you - it is hard to get here! There is only one road in - 20 km up a straight up hill, that isn't paved. Basically, it was about an hour of just bouncing around and trying not to die by other cars or falling off the cliff to the side. But we made it. This has got to be the windiest place I have ever been to , and the cabin we are staying in keeps none of the wind out, so wish us luck we can actually get some sleep!

No comments: