Saturday, January 16, 2016

Energy Balls

So a goal for this year is me trying to be a bit healthier. I'm not going to stop eating sugar, or stop drinking my Sodalicious' but I'm trying to make a few better choices. So I decided to make some healthy energy balls that I found online. Here's the recipe:

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup flaxseed (can be ground or whole, I used whole here, but I think I'll do ground next time)
1/3 cup agave
1 scoop protein powder (the recipe called for vanilla, but I just used a regular non-flavored one)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Stir together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Then, remove from fridge.
 Roll into balls.
(yes this picture is upside down, deal with it)
Store these in the fridge between eatings, you need to keep them cool or else they'll fall apart. But, these are really tasty. I think I would go ground flaxseed next time, because the whole ones get stuck all up in my teeth, and I don't care for that. But otherwise, these are good.

No comments: