Monday, March 23, 2015

Miscellaneous Monday

This past weekend, I hung out with a tiny child, maybe 4 or 5? I can’t remember her actual age. Anyway, as we were eating dinner, she turned to me and asked, very innocently, “Genebeef, (yes this is how she says my name) do you have boobs? Because I don’t have boobs yet” I almost died laughing. I told her that yes, I had boobs, and then she went, ok. I’ll get them someday, I just don’t have them yet. The innocence of kids makes me laugh so hard.

I’m in the middle of a 9-12 page paper for my English class, and I am hating it. I hate writing I hate papers. I hate this English class. For some reason, my teacher seems to think that our class time is supposed to be just us students teaching each other. She actually rarely has done anything for us. Mostly, she tells us how a paper is supposed to be, and then we spend the next few weeks writing it, but we have to bring it to class in increments, so that people can give us input. I understand that input is good, but the amount of time spent working with other students in this class is insane. I genuinely can’t figure out if she doesn’t know how to teach this or just thinks that we freshman/sophomore writing papers can teach ourselves stuff. Ugh. Anyway, wish me luck on this last paper, and then I’m done with writing classes!

Speaking of classes, I only have 1 month left! In one month and 5 days, I will have finished all my finals, and I will be done! This semester seems to have gone by so much faster than last semester, but I think that’s because I only hate 1 class this semester, instead of the 2 I hated last semester. I enjoy my classes, and they don’t seem too hard, which is nice, because I’m only working hard on one class at a time, it seems, instead of many classes at once. I’m hoping this last month will fly by, and weirdly, I have spring break right in the middle of it, which is so annoying. We’ll go on break, come back and have 2 weeks left. Hopefully the break won’t break my stride, and I can finish strong.

No comments: