Monday, September 29, 2014

Miscellaneous Monday

I’ve been working on my scrapbook for the past couple of weeks. I ordered some scrapbook helpers from Close to My Heart, and then as soon as I started using them, the time flew by! It was WAY easier, now that everything was already printed for me, and cute. So I caught up on over a whole year of scrapbooking in just a couple of weeks, and I finished last night! I wanted to throw myself a party, but I stayed up later than usual to finish, so I’ll celebrate later, I think.

Yesterday, on our way home from church, the deacons followed us and came in for the usual Sunday-candy stock up. Then, they took a seat on the couch, and stayed and chatted. Slowly over the next hour+, kids just kept coming over, until we had like, 8 or so over there, eating food, chatting, etc. Its really weird to me that kids just come over to our house to eat candy. There’s talk of starting a game night Sunday nights, to break up the day, and basically by that I mean, the kids made a plan, and then asked if they could use our house. I said yes, if only to keep an eye on them, and make sure they don’t get into any shenanigans.

I’m now over a month into school, and I think I’m in the groove of it. I’ve taken 1 math test (got a 97 – I made some rookie mistakes, dang it) and have taken numerous quizzes. I’ve turned in two papers, with 2 major ones left to do and turn in. This is when I’m starting to panic, because I keep thinking of the HUGE major things that’ll happen in the next 2 months of classes. Midterms, finals, etc., and I’m terrified. Wish me luck everyone…I need it!

No comments: