Saturday, September 6, 2014

LOTOJA

Today, Husband was doing LOTOJA – a bike race that goes from Logan, UT to Jackson Hole, WY. He’s been training for it all summer, and now, it’s here, and it’s time. I took a pic when we got there, when he was ready.

IMG_9206

He was ready to go! Then it was his time, and he got going.

IMG_9210

I was really excited for him, and we made it to the first feed zone, in Preston, ID, where we would give him some food and water. I wish I had gotten pictures, but there was so much hubbub and trying to hurry that there wasn’t a chance. We then went up to the next feed zone in Afton, WY. We had set up, and gotten all of our stuff out to wait. I had PJ with me, so that would help me not be so lonely. We had been there for maybe 10 minutes, and my phone rang. I answered, and it was a guy involved in the race, letting me know that Husband hadn’t made it to feed zone 3 yet. (I was at 5 – and he was supposed to be where I was in about a half hour) They said they didn’t know where he was, and we needed to come down to Montpelier right now.

Of course, this freaked me out! I gathered my stuff together at top speed, and got back in the car, and consulted the map. We were about 45 miles away from there, and we got going. When we had been in the car for about 10 minutes, when I got another call from the guy. They said they had located Adam. and he was at the feed zone, and we needed to get there still. About 40 minutes later, we got there, and found out, he had missed the last feed zone by 20 minutes, and was disqualified from the race; he was out. His tire had blew on the top of a hill, and he had to stop and fix it, and that’s what ate up his time, and I was really sad for him! He has been training for this for so long, and to have him be out over something not in his control?! But he did awesome, and he is amazing, and I can’t wait for him to do it next year. I’ll be there, again, with posters a-plenty, there to cheer him on.

No comments: