Sunday, April 25, 2010

Really...it was my own fault

So today, I decide to give Troop a haircut. Sometimes, when I let it lapse, her long hair makes her look like a homeless dog. And since it's spring now, and getting warmer, I decided now was as good as time as any. So I tricked her into sitting by me, then pulled out the scissors, and I think then she knew she was in trouble.
The problem with cutting her hair, usually, is that after I get about halfway done, I get bored with the activity, and I want to stop. Well, you can't do that, obviously, so I just have to keep on going. Also, I always accidentally nick her with the scissors. It rarely draws blood, but the little cut makes her bite me, and rightfully so. I only did it a few times this time, so at least I'm getting better. At one point, she was definitely done getting her hair cut so she starts to squirm. This time, when she was squirming, we struggled, the two of us, and instead of cutting her hair with the scissors, I went ahead and just sliced the heck out of my finger. It's only a quarter of an inch long, but it bled pretty well! I just had to put a band-aid on it and keep going, man, I was a soldier.
So now, Troop is done, and she looks downright lovely. She usually is only mad at me for like, 3 minutes when we're done, then its back to being besties again. I'll probably just let her hair grow back again, then later have to do this all over. Hopefully the next time, I'll leave my fingers alone and just get the hair cut.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I clipped my baby's finger today instead of just the nail. What a bleeder and try finding bandaids that fit those tiny fingers. I think she forgave me almost instantly which is good because I didn't forgive myself. I know I am only supposed to cut when they are sleeping, darn it.

Chelle! said...

Oh Vieve!! You make me laugh. You should have stopped half-way through...then, it would look like you only had a partially homeless dog. HA HA