Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Love Letter

I have missed you. Its only been two or three weeks, and yet, I think of you often. I have spent most of my life with you, everywhere I go, there you are. It's almost like I can't escape you, but I don't want to. You are definitely as much a part of me as anyone else.
It wasn't my idea to give you up, or at least, that's what I'm telling myself. "We have a race coming up" we thought. "It would be better to give sugar up" we told ourselves. Now, a few weeks in, I'm realizing how hard that actually is. You're in everything-from delicious cookies and awesome cupcakes to drinks, and ice creams and many many more. Luckily, I have discovered some loopholes. Sugar-free puddings, jell-o's, even ice cream! But it's not the same. I miss having you around. At the risk of sounding like a cliche, you complete me.
But all is not lost. In 6 days, I will be with you once again. We can be happy again, I know we can. But until then, my dear sugar, just know, I miss you. I can't wait again to be eating the crap I've given up.

Love,
Vieve

1 comment:

Maleen said...

You are so brave. I can't do it. Even the thought of giving up sugar makes me eat a tub of ice cream by myself. It is actually worse for me if I try and limit my intake.

I'm proud of you.