Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh...how embarrassing!

I'm sitting in my Tuesday meeting this morning, and it of course had my full attention... But I happened to notice a bug on the window/door opposite of me, walking up and down, around, etc. So I'm watching this bug for like, ten minutes, and this whole time, I'm trying to figure out if it's on the inside or outside of the door. Good news, I got my answer, when it jumped off the door in towards us. Now, I don't know what I was thinking, but in my head, when it jumped off the door, I thought it was coming straight for me, to attack. Why? Still don't know. But anyway, as soon as it jumps, I full-on flinched. Of course, this is noticed by everyone in the room, who laughs at me. Turns out, the bug had landed on the guy sitting next to me, and it was only a Box Elder bug, and he killed it immediately.
Of course, I was given some good-natured ribbing for the rest of the meeting, and a little for the rest of the day, and at least I now have yet another embarrassing moment to tell.

No comments: