Monday, May 10, 2010

If you prick me, do I not bleed?

Tonight for our FHE activity, we went to the local blood place and donated blood. I know, right? Weird for an activity, but hey, we're all adults, so I guess that's what we do! So we went, and I was in the beginning of the line, which was awesome. I've never been to the blood place, they've always just come to my work, so it was a new experience! They have a TV there, I didn't know this. We were watching Live Free or Die Hard, which is so awesome to watch. While people are dying and blood flowing out of their injuries on screen, you're having blood flow out of your arm! So good.
It didn't hurt too bad, but I always have to look away when they put the needle in. I have no problem with any of it, I just can't watch the needle actually puncture my arm. I bled really good at first, then after like, 10 seconds, I just stopped. I don't know why, they didn't explain it to me, but I started going again, so victory! I think I have a bruise now-my arm hurts now, and there's some definite discoloration!
This has got to be the most boring blog ever, but you know, I'm sharing things that happen, regardless of what is going on.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

I haven't been able to donate for ages. I should really get back to that soon.

Also, what movie does that quote come from, it is driving me crazy. And don't say Shakespeare...