Sunday, May 3, 2009

When it rains, it pours

Well, I'm back! Ok, not everybody even knew I was gone, but here I am again! (I really should update this thing more often) So this past Friday, I flew out (on a jet plane...) to the fabulous state of Colorado. Real had a game there this weekend, and since it's the only there of the season, of course we had to go. It was very late minute-we literally decided during church last weekend. We quickly booked everything that afternoon, and the hotel we chose to stay in is the same one the team stays in. I like when we stay in the hotel, we get to see them. I wouldn't say I stalk them, I'd say...we're friends. From a distance. That they don't know about. But we got to the hotel safe and sound, and late, so we pretty much just went to sleep when we got there.
We awoke pretty early the next day, which sucked, after being in so late, but that's ok. We were going to hit the gym (yes, I'm one of those people that uses the gym and exercies on vacations) so I was getting ready for that. The time was about 7:30-8:00, and all of a sudden, the fire alarm goes off. Luckily, since I was a quick dresser, I had my running clothes on already, but PJ was still in her PJ's (ha ha!) but when the fire alarm told us all (yes, it talked) to go outside, using the stairs, we listened, and started making our way down.
Unfortunately, our room was on the ninth floor, so going down took a little bit of time. I, being helpful, called out the floor we were on every time we got to one, and I don't know if the half-asleep people on the stairwell liked that, but whatever. I really don't care what strangers think of me. We finally made it downstairs, and outside, where there were groups of people, all huddled together in the cold. We had been outside for maybe a minute, when they told us it was safe, and we could go back to our rooms. We all went in, waited for elevators together, and went about our business. There was one person I felt bad for, a girl who had been called out of the shower, and was in a robe. Yeesh.
The weekend had no good events for us almost! Real lost the game, 2-0, which just sucked. We didn't play that well, and the ref hated us I think, but it was fun cheering with all of the other fans. It rained during most of the game, which made it cold, but not freezing, thank goodness. And, as it turns out, the team wasn't even staying at our hotel!! The entire reason we were staying there, and it didn't even happen! I was so disappointed by this. I didn't even get to see any of them outside of the game. Plus, our goalie was injured in the game, so our third-stringer had to come in, and our best defender was thrown out of the game. Not our night!
Besides those bad events, the weekend was a lot of fun. Riding an airplane is always fun for me, and I got home early enough to do my laundry, so that was awesome. Hey, I take pleasure in the little things! And hopefully, Real will kick some LA butt when we take them on on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

How do you even go about finding out which hotel they are staying in anyway? Do you have connections?

Chelle! said...

That is so said that they did not stay in your hotel. You were so excited for it.