Sunday, May 10, 2009

Like I don't have enough already!

Ok, everyone, brace yourself for some exciting news. I got a new puppy this weekend! We'd been talking about getting one for a while, my sister wanted to get a Lab, I wanted a smaller dog, we couldn't ever decide on getting one. Finally, this weekend, we had some time, so we just decided to go for it. We hopped in the car and went on down to the animal shelter.
We looked at the dogs they had there, and they were not that many choices. We knew roughly the animal we wanted to get, but not for sure, depending on what we found there. We saw a few ones that were cute, but not really what we were looking for. We saw this one little fella-a border collie mix dog, which is one we wanted, but it was a male-and for some reason, Pops doesn't like the male dogs. But he was so cute, we got dad to bend after sending him some pictures of the dog. We made our choice, and adopted him!
We even knew his name after a few minutes with him. We named him Sergeant. Well, his full name is Sergeant Spots, and we call him Sarge for short. He is a live wire. He jumps around all over the place, he bites all the time (ok, it's just puppy playful bites, so they don't hurt) and he is just generally so much more energetic than our other dogs. He's only 5 months old, so I imagine he'll calm down after a bit. We took him on a walk today, and he got tired after a while, I'll have to work his stamina up a little.
He's a fun little dog, and I'm glad we got him. I can't wait until he's acclimated into the family, and the other dogs are still getting used to him, and I think jealousies are getting smaller between all of them. I'll keep everyone updated on any goings on with him.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Very cute. Could he be a running buddy?

Chelle! said...

Oh, he is too cute!!! Does he feed himself? Is he potty trained? If he is, maybe I should adopt one. If not, nevermind!