Monday, May 25, 2009

It's not my first time...

Tonight, after our fabulous Memorial day barbecue, Rorizzle and I sat down to do some chilling. I was thirsty, so she got me a new drink she had, which she said tasted gross. It was some cranberry drink. I tried some of it, thought it delicious, so I drank the whole bottle. (the bottle was only 10 ounces, so not a big deal) I was feeling thirsty again, so I got another one and drank that one too. 10 minutes later, I'm jumping all over the room, asking everyone who wants to go on a walk. People are looking at me strangely, and asked me what's going on, and Rory said that I was probably feeling the drink kick in by then. Confused, we all turned to her, asking what the junk she was talking about. Turns out, the drinks she was giving me weren't only cranberry juices-they were cranberry juice energy drinks. Yep, I failed to look at the label, so I drank myself 20 ounces of an energy drink.
I never drink caffeine or anything like this. My drink of choice is water, Propel, this sort of thing. Once in a while, I will drink an orange soda or a root beer. There are times, once in a blue moon, I will drink a diet coke, but that's rare. I don't react well to stimulants, they affect me so greatly. For the next hour or so, on our walk, (Rory went with me thank goodness) I'm jumping around, pumping my arms all over, basically being like a five year old kid. After a while, it was leaving my system, so I calmed way down, and now, a few hours later, I'm pretty sure the whole thing is out of my system.
Now I've learned (and yes, I should have known this before) that I need to check things out before I take them from people. As I'm looking at the labels now, I can clearly see that the name of the drink is Cranergy, which should have tipped me off, but that's ok. It was a delicious drink nonetheless, and maybe in the future, when I'm needing a pick me up, I'll drink one. The odds of that happening are slim to none, but hey, it's something to keep in mind.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is funny. I have never had an energy drink...I think. Maybe Tyler has slipped me one :)

Chelle! said...

HMMM!! Maybe I should switch that energy drink...I am already awake most of the night...what is another few hours?