Sunday, April 26, 2009

Result!

Ok, I know it's been a really long time since I've posted, but things have been so busy. There are many a thing I need to blog about, but I'll just go from the last thing I've posted about. I did indeed run the SLC 1/2 marathon. 13.1 miles of running, sprinting for some of it, and by the end, I was pretty dead. For those of you who haven't heard of my results yet, here they are: I finished the marathon in 2 hours even. Ok, to be perfectly precise, 2 hours, 0 minutes, and 42 seconds. Not bad for my first one, I think. My placing was 1504 out of 4139. Top half! I was a little proud of myself for that. A bit of trivia, I was 171th place out of 557 in my age group. I'm not sure why I'd need to know that, but I do. Nice.
Some stories from the race...I got to the starting line after the race had actually started. I took Trax up from my hotel to the start line, and it ended up taking forever to get up there. We (when I say we, I mean myself and the other random people who happened to be on Trax with me) ran from the station to the start line, then started the race. I had a really good pace for the first few miles, I finished the first 4 miles in 32 minutes, which, for me, is a super good pace. I kept going at that for the next few miles, then started to get a little tired and my pace slowed a little. It wasn't until mile 10 that I started to wear down, and then, mile 11, we started to go uphill. It wasn't a slight hill, like I'd been told, it was a big one, and I slowed waaay down going up it. When I reached the top, though, I was so happy. I picked up the pace a little at the top, and after another mile (so now, we're at mile 12) I noticed how close I was to the end. A really fast-paced song started on my iPod, (the best kind!) and I ran along with it, which put me at sprinting. There were people all along the sides of the streets, cheering for everyone coming in. This pumped me up also, so I sprinted the last mile in as fast as I could. My lungs were burning, I felt like my legs were going to die, but I did it, I finished!
The people that met me at the finish line (my fam and PJ) all told me how angry I looked coming into the finish line, and having seen the pictures now, yeah, I look totally pissed off. Unfortunately, you guys can't see the pictures, because I can't figure out how to get them to save here. I think I have to buy them before I do that, and I don't think I want to buy them. But at least I finished, and I hit my goal of finishing in 2 hours, so I was happy. I got some really good looking blisters on my toes, one of them a blood blister, which actually finally popped today. Gross. It took me a few days to recover, and now, I'm finally doing some good runs again. I will do anothe 1/2 marathon-in September. At Disneyland!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

That is so awesome. I knew you could do it. I can't believe that you ran up to the starting line and then just started running the race. You were definitely serious about running.

Chelle! said...

Fabulous!! You are so awesome!!! WOW!!