Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An Ode to Today

I awoke this morning with a heavy heart,
Vacation was over, work was to start.
Dreading the thought of leaving my house for the wintry frost,
Got into my car, it wouldn't start! But not all was lost,
a car was provided quite quickly, in fact,
from my mama, who saved me with this kind act.
Away to the office, I flew like the wind
(of course I didn't speed, don't think I have sinned!)
The work day was long, and I accomplished almost nothing,
it was a super busy day, and I was glad at the finishing.
To my house for too much that required attention,
This is why I regret vacations, I should mention.
Laundry required doing, and do it I did,
Taxes to be filed, which I did myself, heaven forbid.
I think I did them right, but there's no way to be sure,
I've grown up a little, things like this help me mature!
I also had a run, which I loved, and had missed,
I don't always run on vacations, as for why, you get the gist.
I finished my lists, so now I'm all done,
This feeling of accomplishment is second to none!
So I'm finishing the day mostly better than I began it,
and surely tomorrow will be better, even if only by a little bit.
Now off I go, to make a dent in my (now) 16 hours of Tivo
wow...nothing at all even begins to rhyme with Tivo.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I can't believo that you couldn't find a rhyme for Tivo.

Speedo?

Oh, I read on Google that people who watch Tivo are Tivotees. I bet you could find something to rhyme with that.

Oh, and I am super impressed with the poem, BTW.

Chelle! said...

Wow!! I am in need of a poem for leadership training for the Youth Camp Leaders. How about coming up with one for me?