Sunday, February 22, 2009

Live from the Kodak Theatre...

Ok, everyone, it's the end of the end. It's been the awards season for a bit now, and tonight is the last show (and if it isn't the last tonight, it's the last one major one). Tonight was the 81st Annual Academy Awards, better known as the Oscars. I'm going to give you my thoughts as they occur during the telecast, because I know you all come to me for this type of exciting stuff.
As I'm watching the red carpet preshow, I can't help but realize that Ryan Seacrest has a knack for making people uncomfortable. Is he meaning to do this, or is it all by accident? Either way, what a douche.
Ah, the opening. I love Hugh Jackman. Best. Oscar. Opening. Ever.
Ok, if how they presented Best Supporting Actress the way they present everything, this is going to be a freakishly long show. Penelope Cruz wins that, by the way.
Wait a minute, did Forgetting Sarah Marshall just show up in the Romance montage? Seriously?
Holy giant musical number. I'm loving that since they have musical Hugh Jackman, we get to hear everyone sing! So far the singing count is him, Anne Hathaway, Beyonce, Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Amanda Seyfried, Dominic Cooper.
Heath Ledger wins for Supporting Actor. Of course, we knew this would happen. Accepting for him...his family. Well, that's sweet.
This is when the Oscars are boring, there's not a category I'm interested in. But thats fine, I'm just eating my weight in Chex Mix, I think.
Danny Boyle wins Best Director for Slumdog Millionaire. No surprise there.
Wow, Nicole Kidman's skin matches her white dress. I get staying out of the sun, but maybe she should fake tan it up, get some color on there. Best Actress is Kate Winslet. Seriously, no surprises here tonight. Her speech was sweet though.
Adrien Brody is looking really ugly with the beard he's rocking and his long hair. I'm not into it. Best Actor goes to Sean Penn. I don't like him.
I feel a little like this show will never end. Ever. Best Picture goes to...Slumdog Millionaire. We all knew this was going to happen. Good for them, they swept the Oscars.
I know everyone was dying to know my thoughts on this awards night, and here they are. The Oscars have highs and lows. There are only about 5 things people want to know, and they have to get through like 4 hours of crap to get to it. I probably liked this year more than last years, but still, they need to make this shorter or make it more interesting. It's over for another year, at least. Congrats to those who won, and keep trying, those who didn't.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I haven't even heard of Slumdog Millionaire. Was it any good?

Chelle! said...

OH, Vieve, I wished that you did not have to watch the Oscars by yourself--especially if it was the best one yet!!! Maybe next year you should get tickets!!!