Saturday, February 12, 2022

First Time for Everything

 Well, we expanded our fellas sleepover club. I've had the two older boys sleep over a couple of times. It's gotten better each time. Tonight, I was asked to watch Epifanio in a sleepover situation also. As we all know, that joker is 2 years old, nearly 3, in a couple of months. So going into this sleepover, I was nervous. Would he sleep? Would we get to sleep? Oof. So, last night, things went well. When the parents initially left, Epifanio lost his dang mind. He screamed, cried, etc., for a good 20 minutes. Finally he calmed down, and we fed him. Then we watched Encanto (fav movie of the moment) and had some ice cream. He finally started to wind down, and then fell asleep near 9:00.


He woke up at around 12:30. I tried to get him back to sleep, but as soon as I would try and leave him he would wake up. Blergh. So I ended up just taking him into my bed, which is how he sleeps, in my sister's bed, but man, I was hoping to avoid. He fell back asleep, and we had a sleepless night as that little jerk mostly spent the night kicking me in his sleep. 

Then, at around 2:30, Darth came in to ask if it would be morning soon. This is something he's done every time he sleeps over. I don't know if he's anxious that morning will never come, but on the plus side, he only did it once tonight, as opposed to the multiple times he's done it on previous sleepovers. Now, the next day, I absolutely feel like a walking zombie and need some sleep, but that was a fun time. Glad it actually went pretty well! 

No comments: