Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Wedding Cupcake Prep, Day 1

 Y'all, I have been hired to do the cupcakes for a wedding this week. They've asked for 450 cupcakes. Yes, you read that right, in these Covid times, they ordered that many. So today was prep day - I baked all of the cupcakes today, to be frosted tomorrow, and then delivered on Thursday. Yesterday was spent acquiring ingredients and decorations. Phew. My sister and the fellas not in school came to help with all of the baking. Epifanio wasn't as big a help as he thought he was. 




Literally he is right behind me at my mixer with all of these pots and pans, what an absolute lunatic. Luckily he's cute, so we can't get too mad. 

As I was about 1/3 of the way through baking the cupcakes, word came from the governor of Utah, they were turning Orem/Provo to orange level for the pandemic. That meant, no groups of people larger than 20. Uhhhh.... okay. So I texted the mom of the bride to ask her what to do. She said they were formulating, and would get back to me. After about 2 hours, she wrote back to say that they were just going to do a drive-by wedding, so to keep making the cupcakes. All of them, I asked? Yes, all of them. So, I kept on. And I baked. And baked, and baked. I lost my helper buddies around 5:00, and baked and baked until 9:30 (having started around 10:00 AM). Needless to say, I was exhausted. Looking forward to tomorrow! 

And now, you can know what 450 unfrosted cupcakes look like! 



(the flavors here are pumpkin chocolate chip, carrot cake, and chocolate)

No comments: