Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Baptism, COVID-style

 My nephew was baptized this last Saturday, but I only got the pics today. Being during a pandemic, there weren't many people. (except, it sure seemed like there were a ton of people) and we were supposed to wear face masks in the church. People mostly did a good job with that, but most of them took it off and that was frustrating to me. You see, because my sister is currently pregnant, she has to be extra careful with all this pandemic stuff, it could affect her and the baby if she gets it. So she has been taking extra precautions, and since I help with the fellas, we are also cautious. We are still quarantining hard core, and don't see anyone. But we made an exception for the baptism. Of course, that meant we had to stay away from people as well as keep our masks on the whole time. Nobody on my SIL's side of the family kept their masks on, but that's their business, not mine. I can only do what I can to protect myself and my family. But we got the pics today and I just think it's so funny to look at haha. 


You know what, it's fine. I don't regret keeping the face mask and while it's not ideal for pictures, I would rather be safe and healthy than make sure a picture looks good. I think we look fine anyway, it's just a great time all around. 

No comments: