Saturday, December 8, 2018

Mint Poke Cake

Today I made my very first poke cake, what a day ! I got my recipe from Pinterest, of course, and here it is for your enjoyment:
  • 1 box devils food cake, plus ingredients to make cake
  • 1 (11.75-oz) jar Smucker's hot fudge sauce
  • 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 tsp mint extract
  • 1 (8-oz) container Cool Whip
  • 1 (10-oz) bag Andes baking chips
Bake cake in a 9x13-inch pan according to direction on the package While cake is baking, mix milk, hot fudge sauce and mint extract. When the cake is done and while it's still hot, poke holes in it. I did it with the end of a large mixing spoon. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely. Sprinkle half the Andes over cake. Spread Cool Whip over the top, then sprinkle the remaining Andes on top. Chill in refrigerator.
Guys, this is delicious. Of course, I couldn't find Andes mint chips, so I had to chop my own, which was annoying, but not too bad. At least it was good. 

No comments: