Saturday, June 9, 2018

Westminster Abbey

On my last real day of England (tomorrow, being Sunday, doesn't count) we did the last thing I wanted to do. We visited Westminster Abbey. It was awesome! We weren't allowed to take pics inside there, being a church, but it was great. We saw the graves of every king and queen of England, as well as Mary, Queen of Scots, and Elizabeth, her cousin (the Queen, I get it). We had a tour with a pastor/preacher/not sure of the title and he did such an amazing job. At least I could get pics of the outside.
 And I like this pic of myself, so I'll include it.

After our tour of the Abbey, we had a few hours to kill. Did we do a last Afternoon Tea service? You bet your sweet bippy we did. It was delicious. 

That night, we went to see Matilda. It was a dang delight, but the band was so loud, I couldn't even hear any of the lyrics anyone sang. We had such a great day, and its a great memory to leave England with!


No comments: