Saturday, July 1, 2017

This girl is on fiiii-iiiiire!

Happy Canada Day, everyone! To celebrate, we left Boise this morning, and rushed home to have a fireworks extravaganza with our family and friends. We had gotten a bunch of fireworks in Idaho, arials, fountains, basically everything. So when we got home, we rushed to get ready, and then the night was ready to start. We were about an hour in, and then tragedy struck. My SIL had lit an arial firework, and we all stood back to watch. After a few went up in the air, the firework tipped over, and started to shoot into yards. One went off near us and we started to panic, and then one went off right in our group. As we learned a bit later, it hit the ground near me, and then went off into me. So I quickly run into the house, and look down. I AM ON FIRE. I AM PHYSICALLY ON FIRE. So I quickly patted myself off (yeah, turns out that worked) and we surveyed the damage.

The outside is fine, luckily none of the other fireworks went off when a firework went off in the garage. My 3 year old niece had a small welt on her face, one hit her. I had a burn on my neck, from the where the firework bounced off my body and hit my neck. But my clothes were burned through. It went through my shirt, my camisole, and my jeans, and stopped right there. Let's see the damage.

So there we are. After this encounter, we were all pretty cautious around the fireworks. We lit a few more, but the thrill was gone, so we packed it up and called the night. I don't know how Independence Day is going to go, but hey, we're going to see how it is, and hopefully, nobody will catch on fire.

No comments: