Monday, July 24, 2017

Pioneer Day SWAT Team

Today was my SIL's birthday. After doing the Temple to Temple Run this morning (I did better than I thought I would, with how sick I was) we had a delicious breakfast and then had a fun day of games and family. We went out to dinner and then when we came back to the house, there were a million cops at our house! WHAT?! So we quickly went inside and then I ventured outside to where some neighbors were standing, to figure out what was happening. Turns out, there was a guy in a house in the cul de sac next to my house. He was "distraught" and had guns and was intoxicated. So the police department sent out every single cop they had in the joint, as well as all the SWAT they could muster.  We saw some cool robots go in and out of the cul de sac, and that was pretty cool, if not a little scary.

Finally, at around 10:30 (so like, 3 hours after it started) they arrested the fella and got him away. After they started to take the cop cars away from here, we all meandered back to our houses, the excitement was gone. It was pretty scary, but you're darn right that I was out there watching the whole thing the whole time, it was exciting to watch. We also jokingly told the cops that they ruined our fireworks that we had planned, but the neighborhood just decided to do them tomorrow night, barring any more emergencies.

No comments: