Monday, July 31, 2017

African Foods

I was invited to a dinner tonight, where African food would be served. A gal that I visit teach is from the Democratic Republic of Congo, and she's lived here for about 4 years now. She invited myself and my visiting teaching companion (and our respective families) to dinner where food from her country would be served. I was super nervous, of course, because I am the pickiest person alive, but I went in with a open heart and hopeful. I of course don't know the names of anything we ate, but it was all actually really delicious! I snapped pics of the food, at the risk of being a weirdo.



I do know, the one kind of round white thing is called fufu and it was super yummy. All the food (except for the fish that I wouldn't eat) was super good and I was so glad for the invitation!

No comments: