Sunday, May 7, 2017

Banana Oatmeal Energy Balls


I had a million bananas leftover last week that I didn't get to before they were too brown for me to eat. So I had to make a load of things with them. I made some oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies, and then I still had a few bananas left. So I googled recipes and found one for energy balls, with no sugar. Sounded interesting.

2 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
¼ cup almond butter (or peanut butter, or your favorite nut butter)
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
½ teaspoon cinnamon

Combine these into a bowl. 
 When it's all combined, it'll look like this:

Then, round them into about-2 inch balls and place them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. 
Refrigerate for 2 hours, then you can transfer to another container. Store in the refrigerator. Guys, these are so good. They have no sugar (minus the chocolate chips) and dang, are they tasty. I recommend these for a healthy snack. 

No comments: