Saturday, March 25, 2017

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wanted some raspberry chocolate chip cookies recently. But the only recipe I could find online only made 12 cookies, and were a "healthy" cookie and to be honest, those cookies aren't always that good, they taste just as healthy as they're supposed to be, so ugh. So instead, I decided to make up my own recipe. And guess what? They actually worked out! They are delicious! Here's the recipe:

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 cups quick oats
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/3 cups packed light-brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup canned raspberry pie filling
  • 1 3/4 cup chocolate chips

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, salt, set aside.
  • In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.  Blend in egg then blend in vanilla extract and raspberry filling. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in chocolate chips. I then put the dough into the fridge for about 15 minutes, so the oats can absorb some of the liquid. It will be a little sticky! 
  • Scoop dough out, I used a cookie scoop that is about a tablespoon, and drop onto parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 12 - 14 minutes. I did 13 for each, and then when I took them out of the oven, I left them on the sheet on the top of the stove for another 10 minutes, because they were still pretty soft. 
And that's it. So then I was nervous, because even though they were smelling tasty, I was nervous they wouldn't taste that good. But! They did! They were actually really yummy and soft and delicious. 
Of course the batter was pink from the raspberries, but these were really delicious and I totally recommend them. 

No comments: