Saturday, May 9, 2015

Rice Krispy Treat S’More Pinwheels

I tried to make an easy dessert tonight. I found a good recipe online, and she made it look so easy. So I tried it. It didn’t work. Whereas her pinwheels were perfectly wheeled and looked amazing, mine looked crazy pants. But that was all right, because they were still delicious. So to start, make a regular batch of Rice Krispy treats, put them in a cookie sheet. Put 2 jars of marshmallow crème on those. Then take 6 Hershey’s bars, and bake in the oven, at 220 degrees for 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven, spread the chocolate all over with a spatula.

IMG_0675

Let cool for 10 minutes. Then, like a jellyroll, roll up.

IMG_0678

This was almost impossible to do. It kept breaking, and I couldn’t get it small so it was suckfest when it was all rolled up. IMG_0679

But that’s ok. I refrigerated for 40 minutes, and then it was cool enough to stay together. I sliced it up,

IMG_0680

And they were really good! They just looked nothing like the photo on this gal’s blog, but that’s all right. It still tastes great.

No comments: