Saturday, May 2, 2015

Provo City 5K 2015

All right, all right, race season starts today! I kind of decided last minute that I would do this race, and registered the night before. I thought I had registered earlier, but then apparently, that’s not what happened. I got to the race the morning of, and it felt good. Kind of warm, but I wasn’t expecting to do amazing things, just wanted to survive. As the gun shooting kicked us off, I tried to go as fast as I could, without dying. I made it through the first two miles pretty good, I was feeling awesome. And then, randomly, my body decided during the third mile that it was time to give up on life. I slowed down a little, and then my legs burned as I crossed the finish line. I didn’t finish faster than the Mayor of Provo (The real race name is Chase the Mayor 5K, but it’s so hard to beat him, he’s so fast!), so I figured I did poorly, but I felt pretty good anyway. They had a line where we could print off our results, and after waiting in that line, I found out…

I had gotten 2nd place in my age group! I got a medal!

IMG_0635

I couldn’t have been more surprised. And then I looked at the whole results  and I was 1 minute away from being first place! 1 minute! Oh man, I was angry at myself, but that’s ok. 2nd place is not the worst, and now, race season is underway!

No comments: