Monday, May 25, 2015

Miscellaneous Monday

Our basement has flooded. Again. Yesterday morning, I went downstairs to run, and I found out that it had flooded. Turns out., our pipes had gotten clogged, so all the water wasn’t draining, and it all went into our carpet. So now, our carpet is soaked, and we had to have a plumber come on a Sunday to fix this. So, because I had to teach the third hour, and Husband had to teach the second, we did a little changing to be here for the plumber. I went to sacrament meeting, I rushed home (before the last song!) to switch him, and then luckily, he was done by the time I had to leave to make it back for my lesson. Let’s all cross our fingers that we have no more issues on this, I am sick of my basement flooding.

The weekend of family has come to an end, and I am grateful for my quiet house. With it being my younger sister-in-law’s graduation from high school, and the 2 year anniversary of the death of my in-laws, a lot of family coming in, so it was basically 4 days of family for like, 12 hours straight. Come Sunday afternoon I was definitely ready to spend the day in my (quiet) house, doing nothing, and saying nothing. Family is always fun, but there’s just so many of my Husband’s family, it’s overwhelming at times. Luckily, we only do big get-togethers a few times a year, so when the next one rolls around, it’s nice to see everyone again.


I’ve been re-watching Grey’s Anatomy from episode one, since the series is on Netflix. I’ve made it to the third season (it’s so easy to just watch them all the time, while I’m working, or getting dressed, or anything) and I had basically forgotten all of this stuff! I am really enjoying watching it all again, since it’s like I’m seeing it for the first time. Now I’m trying to decided, should I start another series after I finish this one? I mean, I’m only in the third season and so far there have been 11, so it’s not like I’ll finish quickly, but it’s a good idea to start planning for the future, I think.  

No comments: