Sunday, April 24, 2011

It’s an egg hunt!

Happy Easter everyone! I try to get on here on the holidays, but since there hasn’t really been any lately, I’ve been off the hook for it, but here I am, trying to make up for it. I just have a small entry today, but fun nonetheless. Let me preface this by saying, I’ve never had an Easter egg hunt. You’d think that since I come from a giant family, we would have been lousy with egg hunts, but we’ve always had dogs, so hiding eggs and plastic eggs filled with candy around the house was never a practical idea.

I woke up Easter morning, and Husband and I woke up to get some breakfast. (Waffles, yum) As we walked out to the kitchen, I caught something colorful out of the corner of my eye. I glanced over, and lo, there was a plastic egg, hiding in plain sight. I laughed, glanced around, and noticed there were more eggs hanging out. As Husband cooked our breakfast, I wandered around the place, finding the eggs. Some were harder for me to find than others, and took me a little while longer, but after a while, I found all 24.

So by the end of the morning, I had loads of eggs filled with Dove chocolates, Hershey’s Kisses, jelly beans, and more. They’re all now being eaten slowly, piece by piece as I pass by the table where they are. For my first Easter egg hunt, it was pretty awesome, I’d like to give a shout out to Husband for putting on a great hunt for me, but mostly, now I want to like, sneak into people’s houses and hide candy/eggs all over the house for them to find. Would that be creepy, or just nice?

2 comments:

Maleen said...

So eggcited that you got to do an egg hunt...finally. I did egg hunts up into my teens, just cuz. Your husband is super sweet. Now I wish I had hidden some eggs for Tyler. There is always next year.

Chelle! said...

That is awesome!!