Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Well, I can see for now...at least...

I'm back in the swing of blogging! So, today was my yearly eye exam. Ok, technically I haven't been since like, November 2008 or so, but hey, at least I finally got there! I always get so nervous when I have the exams. Like there's too much pressure or something-I'm afraid to answer wrong! You know, they always ask "1...or 2? 2...or 1? Is this better? How 'bout now?" I can't take the pressure of it! I don't know which is better! Just invent a machine to figure out what my eyes can and can't see-and stop asking me!
I found out today that my eyesight is 40/200 which is just one step above being legally blind. Now, to me, this sounds bad, and I think the eye doctor felt bad for me after he told me, because as soon as he did, there was an awkward pause, then he goes, "...well, that's not really good to hear is it?" I just laughed and said it didn't really matter, because lets be honest, there's always a pair of glasses or contacts that people can make me to help me see. But still, I can't believe how far down my eyesight has gone!
So anyway, I got my new prescription, I got some new contacts, and now, my eyes will no longer hurt, since my previous pair of contacts had been in there since, oh, say, November, and as we all know, you're really only supposed to wear those babies for 3 weeks or so. But now I'm all fixed, and I will have to look forward to my next appointment...in a year or so.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh my heck!!! Are you serious? I am so sorry!!! But, yep...there is always glasses and contacts!!

Maleen said...

I had no idea you wore contacts. Just goes to prove that you can fool some of the people all of the time.