Sunday, March 1, 2009

A run begins the moment you forget you are running.

It's almost spring! This excites me for so many reasons. One, the warm weather. It's already starting now! We have the ability to walk around outside in just a jacket. No need to have on your winter coat and scarf and gloves. Also, now I can run outside without freezing my buns off or running in snow! I finally ran outside on Saturday, and it was awesome.
I totally love running, and running on the treadmill is ok, I like doing it, but it's just totally a different experience outside, as everyone knows. There are things to dodge, and cars to look out for. And the scenery changes, so you can just crank up your music and just clear your mind and run until you get tired. I love to go outside and just...run. I try not to focus on any pain I might be feeling, or how long I've been going. I've been doing better lately, I'm not getting tired or hurting like I used to. I'm sure it's all mental, since like, 85 percent of running is mental (it's true!) and I'm psyched that I'm done with whatever was blocking me from doing well before.
I ran downhill for probably about a mile yesterday, and today, I'm feeling it. It hurts to go up and down stairs, and even standing up and sitting down hurts my quads. I love it though! It actually makes me feel like I'm working myself, which is an awesome feeling. I'm excited to get all the outdoor running started now, so that when I start racing (in like a month!) I'm ready, and my muscles are ready for any kind of terrain that will be brought to me.

2 comments:

Chelle! said...

Oh, I love this Spring weather. YEAH!! I am excited that the weather is changing because now working out can go from inside to outside!!

Maleen said...

You are so awesome. The most exercise I am getting right now is from the Wii.