Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked

I haven't written lately because really, there's not a lot going on in the life of Vieve. A few small things happen, but none big enough to actually write about, so I just never think to do so. I'll just update you on a few things.
On Sunday, I was changing the music on my iPod from one playlist to the other. I had opened my iTunes, deleted everything on the iPod, and then proceeded to make my new list. Of course, a few minutes into selecting my songs, my computer just shut down. When I got it up and running again, my iTunes had become corrupted or something, so I had to reinstall that, and get all my music on it again. After I got everything downloaded and fixed, my computer yet again just shut down! No warning, it just stops. After getting back on, and taking a look at some things, I gave up. The next day, I took things slowly and finally got things going and finally put some stuff on the ol' iPod to listen to. And since then (2 whole days!) I've not had any problems. Keep your fingers crossed that I will not run into any.
On Saturday, I decided to try my run of running from my house (here in SF) to my sister's house (in Orem). I Mapquested it, and the way they had me running was 16 miles. I was sure I could do this, so I made the arrangements, and did it. Ok, I'll admit, I cheated a little. I didn't start in SF like I planned, I started in Springville, but hey, it's still a trek! I made it though! I went through Springville, then Provo, worked my way into Orem and found her house. There were hills to deal with, drivers who didn't pay attention, and loads of traffic. I wish there were better sidewalks on some of those back roads, or even sidewalks at all, but that's ok, at least I made it through ok. It took me just under two hours to complete it all, and needless to say, by the end, I was feeling it. My legs were killing me, and my back was sore, but I was so proud of myself for making it. Making my own way instead of doing the Mapquest way was only 11 miles, so not quite what I was hoping for, but thats ok. I'm only two miles away from my goal right now, and I'm pretty sure I can do it. The next day, I wasn't sore at all like I thought I'd be, I was doing good!
Things have been a little boring lately, but starting soon, I think they'll start to pick up. I'm having races start in a few weeks, plus the Real season starts at about the same time! It's the best time of year when all this starts!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Sorry about your computer. Those kind of problems rival relationship problems in my book.

And I can't believe you can run like that. I think it would take me half a day to go from Springville to Orem (if I was lucky).

Chelle! said...

I hate it when computers do not want to be your friend. I just hate it!! As for your run, CONGRATULATIONSS!!!