Sunday, May 9, 2021

Farewell to my tiny love, Cookie

So, yesterday, on Saturday, we had a bad news call while in Vegas. Apparently, our tiny friend Cookie had a stroke-type thing (she had had one last week, but after we took her to the vet, they assured us she was okay) and wasn't doing well at all. My niece was taking care of Cookie, and she and my SIL took Cookie to the vet when this all happened. The vet told us that she wasn't doing well, and that it was probably time to put her down. We asked if we could hold off until we got home the next day, and he said yes. He gave her an IV drip of liquids (She was very dehydrated at this point) and some morphine to help with her pain. So we left early this morning and rushed home. 

My SIL dropped her off as soon as we got home, and we took some time to snuggle her. 



She couldn't walk, and could barely stand, so we wrapped her in a blanket to carry her around a little. We hung out with her a little bit and then we had to take her in. It was so incredibly hard to say goodbye to her. We have shared our lives with her for the past 8 years and I love her so. But she was suffering a lot, so it was her time, and she was about 15 years old, so she had a good long life. I will miss her so much, and she has taken a piece of my heart with her. 

No comments: