Wednesday, December 16, 2020

New Baby Niece!

 I got a new baby niece today!

My sister was a surrogate for my sister-in-law (Husband's sister) and today she went into labor. She's about 4 weeks early - it was a surprise. She went in for a regular check up, and her blood pressure was too too too high. So they told her to come to the hospital to be monitored for 24 hours. Since I am her birthing buddy, I took her in. After we had been there for a while, they told us that she would be delivering today. Yikes! So we got all set up and we then just had to play the waiting game. 

After many many hours and many many scares, we finally had baby girl at 12:45 AM. She was tiny (5 lbs) but very healthy. 


In the interest of not having any gross or revealing pics, here is this pic of me right after the baby was born and my sister is still doing ... stuff. 
Then I got to hold the tiny baby! 


So so smol but so cute. I went home around 1:30 and then had to be at work the next day at 8:00, yikes! But we made it! And then I came back to the hospital to check on everyone. 

Everyone is good and healthy and we are ready to welcome tiny baby into our family! 

No comments: