Friday, August 23, 2019

And a Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to Me! Y'all, I am turning 36 today, is that crazy? Sometimes I can't believe I'm in my thirties, how nuts. I went to lunch with my DHI peeps, at Los Hermanos, super delicious. They had me wear a sombrero as they sang to me. This picture isn't too flattering, but still a good time
 I made my own cake, I did a yellow cake with a chocolate whipped cream frosting. I tried to do a minimalist cake, with no frosting on the sides, and it didn't turn out too badly. It's not as pretty looking as the one I did with chocolate cake for Memorial Day, but I still liked it. The writing on top is me trying my hand at doing chocolate lettering. I need to do it thicker next time - but hey, all of this is learning from my mistakes!
It was a lovely day and I'm glad to have another birthday in the books.

No comments: