Saturday, August 6, 2016

Lindon Days

You guys! Today was Lindon Days, which I sadly had to miss last year, but this year, got to run. There was a whopping 50 people in the race this year, it was just so tiny! I wondered why so few, but I have no idea. Anyway. I was on the way to the race, about halfway there, when I realized that I had left my bib at home. Doh! I quickly hurried back and got it, and made it on time. I took off when the race started, trying my hardest. And then, as we approached this street we were supposed to go straight on, the people in the beginning turned. I didn't know what else to do, so I just followed the crowd. Turns out, they had accidentally cut out a half mile of the race, turning too early like that. I feel like a little of the fault could be put on the shoulders of the race people, they really should have marked the race better, and I also place blame on the people who were in front, they had told us not to turn there, and then they did. Oh well.

Anyway! So I did the race and ran my hardest and finished my 2.68 mile run in 21:45, nice. And then to make it better, I got first in my age group! I was also #15 overall, with the first 8 or so being high school kids on their school teams, so I feel good about myself. Of course I got a sweet medal.


Aw yiss, a gold medal for myself. And PJ was running the race, and she got second place!

We are both hecka champions, good for us!

No comments: